Just got back from the Metro Church in Orlando (Oviedo), Florida. They have some amazing things happening there. They have taken an old grocery store space in a strip mall and have totally converted it into a beautiful, functional church space.It was a great weekend with family. This is the biggest blessing of being in ZOE-- meeting so many brothers and sisters coast to coast and sharing the journey together. Thanks to Bret and the whole gang for making us feel so welcome! :)
I had totally forgotten that I had to share my testimony about the whole "bed rest/Caroline" experience. At the Nashville conference last October, Larry asked me to share right before the session that night! I had NO time to think or prepare, so I think it came out somewhat coherent! It was still fresh, so I did OK with it. Then in Fresno and in Lubbock-- each trip I wouldn't think about the fact that we were doing "Closer" again, and that I'd have to share! Same thing this trip! I think it had been a blessing NOT remembering-- if I had remembered, I would have analyzed and planned and would have probably come up with something close to a script of clever insights and moments. I don't think that would have been as authentic. Instead, I have just prayed that the Spirit would give me the words to say....
This weekend when Mike reminded me that I would be sharing again-- I told him that I always felt kinda strange telling my story when there were SO many others in the audience who had more traumatic, gripping stories than mine-- stories much more redemptive and compelling. He reminded me that the reason my story is relevant is because it is common and that's OK. Every story doesn't need to be heart-wrenching and of made-for-TV movie caliber in order to be applicable. The point of the sharing was to show that ALL of us find ourselves at points in life where we don't feel close to God-- in fact, we feel like we aren't sure where God is at all... So, if nothing else, I think I did qualify to speak to that!!
The second thing that we do best in ZOE is eat-- and we did plenty of that, too! They had a "bistro" set up right in the church which had a terrific menu! Yum! :)
On the way back, Jason, Brandon, and I continued a discussion we started on the plane ride back from Fresno. I love talking theology with those guys. Topics ranged from Constantine, Vatican City, gnosticism, resurrection, the second coming, etc. Interesting discussion!!!
We head to the studio in less than a week! Can't wait to begin our 11th conference CD. I think we have some good songs to introduce this time.... Clarissa and Randy have come up with some solid arrangements so far.
* I lost my camera on this trip somewhere between the church and the airport-- so, if it happens to get relocated, I'll post the rest of the photos! :)
Boot camp is going well! I am really loving the challenge!! I am already feeling stronger than I was before. Can't wait to see my body change over then next 7 weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment