Well-- For the first time, Luke had an "off" day at the Y today. One of the nursery workers came to get me about 15 minutes before class was over. Luke was having a crying fit. I hurriedly put away my step, weights, and mat. When I got there, he was crying the "I'm afraid/My feelings are hurt/Where's mom" wail-- the same one he had when I picked him up from Scott's mom for the first time. He quieted down right after I took him.
I had a feeling when I left him this morning that he wasn't going to do well. To start, I had taken him out of the car seat and carried him in this morning. This is an entirely new experience for him altogether. I think the seat and the longer stroll it takes us to get to the nursery is somewhat of a comforting routine for him, but today it was different. When I leave him in his seat he knows where he is and what is going on-- Today he was placed in a bouncy seat and immediately thrown into the chaos of nursery life. I just think it was all a little overwhelming for him... This worries me because we have to get him a new car seat. He is 27 inches now and his car seat is only good until 26 inches. We are going to have to purchase a seat that stays in the car. This is going to make it a little difficult when I have to get him out to go places like the grocery store because he can't sit up yet and I won't have the infant seat to carry him around in...
Plus, he hasn't reacted too well to the shots he got on Wednesday. He was running a fever last night and has just acted a tad bit grumpy since the shots. He didn't have a temperature this morning though-- He just went down for a nap-- Maybe he will sleep a long time and feel more like himself when he wakes.
Other than that-- and even with that-- life is still good! We met with a group of people last night at a friend's house for dinner and prayer time. It was so nice being with good friends and talking about the Lord and where we are with our relationship with him. We are just so blessed to have people like that in our lives. I am so thankful that Luke will grow up with them and their children. We talked mainly about the passage from Colossians chapter 2:
"....that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I say this so that no one will delude you with persuasive argument..."
Sometimes I feel like I am on a quest to figure out God-- that I will suddenly have a lightning bolt moment and realize what I have been missing-- Whether it is a new scripture I have never seen in a certain way or a new take on a certain theological idea or worship plan-- This passage reminds me that the big "mystery" I am seeking has already been revealed-- that is CHRIST Himself. And in Him alone are all the answers and all the wisdom I will ever need to make it in this life. This gives me such a sense of peace today and really lets me celebrate the freedom that Paul also mentions in Galatians 5:1 that Christ died to bring me. I am so thankful to be reminded of that. Thank you, Lord!
Tonight we are meeting to do a final run through of the remaining songs we have left for the cd before we go to the studio next weekend. What a blessing it has been to be a part of the ZOE ministry for the past 8 years! I just pray that I will always remember how privileged I have been to be associated with this ministry and that I never forget that it is all about GOD and NEVER about me.
Tomorrow we have a family blessing time for our ZOE manager. He and his family just adopted another child into their family. He is a special needs baby whose mother had been on drugs. I so admire him and his wife for taking on the awesome task of raising him. I think that he will be overwhelmed with the love and support he and his family will receive tomorrow-- At least I hope he will! He doesn't really know that it is a party specifically to celebrate him and what he has done for us and the sacrifices he has made in order to do it.
My parents are also coming down tomorrow night and we will give him his Father's Day present-- He is going to be so surprised!
What a busy weekend! Scott will also celebrate his first Father's Day on Sunday! How wonderful to finally be parents! God is SO good!
Friday, June 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment