Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Catching Up!

For some reason I got busy with little things and never got around to blogging yesterday-- It was a good day overall. Luke slept great even though we had been out and about all weekend and he didn't get his usual late afternoon naps in on Saturday or Sunday like he usually does. I am still amazed at how flexible he is. Even when he is awakened out of a deep sleep he never cries-- just all smiles.

He was still a tad bit fussy at the Y yesterday, but I didn't have to leave class early to get him. I think he is in an adjustment phase-- from newborn to actual baby. And he is still getting used to life outside the car seat.

This morning he slept until 7:30. I had put him down at 9:00, too, so he had a great night's sleep. I fed him and there wasn't enough time for him to go back down like he normally does... When he sleeps later this always throws a kink into our Y schedule-- usually he will wake around 6 or 6:30, eat, and I will put him back down until he wakes again around 8:30. Then he eats again and is ready to go to the Y-- When he wakes later he is ready to go back to bed just about the time we need to leave to go to the Y. This morning he was sound asleep and I just couldn't bring myself to drag him out on my account. I put him back in his crib and decided to catch up on the blog. Missing a day of working out won't kill me-- plus, it is one of the lessons I am learning... It is all about him now in many ways and not me. His best interest must come before mine, especially while he is still little.

The crazy thing is that he won't be little for very long. I still can't believe how fast he is growing! He is in size 6 months now. It is funny that I feel like he isn't a baby anymore and have to keep reminding myself that he is only 4 1/2 months old! I keep saying that I wish he would stay this age forever, but I guess each age has its highlights.

Scott comes home tonight! He has been traveling so much lately. I can't be upset with him though because that is his job-- a job that he does very well-- a job which allows me to stay home and raise Luke. He really has been blessed in the business world- from the internship with Andersen to landing this incredible job with EmpactHealth, now Medibuy. It is funny that most people have no idea just how successful he actually is and that he is pretty much "the boss" of his area. They don't realize that each week he meets with the "big dogs" of the healthcare industry and that they think he is the best. Or that he has helped to design programs that will change the industry forever for the better.... He would never brag and I don't even know the full extent of what he has done and is doing. He is just so talented, but I think his biggest asset has been his personality and his character. That just makes him the whole package-- people just come to love, trust, and respect him. They know he says what he means and can be counted on to be honest and to deliver what he says. He realizes the awesome position he has been placed in and keeps saying that he hopes he can use his time in the spotlight to reflect Christ-- something rarely seen in the business world! He wants everyone to see how he reacts and responds to things and to know that it is his faith that affects the way he chooses to live. I am so proud of him. Luke couldn't have a better dad and I couldn't have a better husband.

We had a great Father's Day weekend. We gave Dad his digital camera and he was thrilled. On Scott's first Father's Day he got a watch and a pretty picture frame for his office with a photo of him and Luke on the beach in Malibu. It is neat to think that next year Luke will be able to say "Daddy"!

Sunday at church I was really convicted about the "Word of God"-- Too often we(I) place more influence and time and energy on what Dr. Phil or Oprah says instead of what God says in His Word. I am rededicating myself to learning more scripture, so I bought a little flip book where I am going to start putting down verses to memorize. I have wanted to do this for a long time now-- I hope that I will use it as a reference book and also that I will become so familiar with each passage that they will easily come to my mind and heart when I need them. I hope I will stay committed to it. Please, Lord!

I am feeling very blessed today! Thanks, Father!

No comments: