Monday, November 23, 2009

Donald Miller & North Atlanta

One of the best reads I have had lately is Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. The main theme of the book is centered around "story" and our role in the bigger "story" that God has planned for us. It struck a cord with me, and I was thrilled when I saw he was coming to Nashville. A gang of us from Otter Creek attended, and it was great! You can read some excerpts yourself here.

ZOE was blessed to travel to the North Atlanta Church of Christ this past weekend, too. They were in the process of celebrating a 40-day journey of compassion. The church gave away over a million dollars to its members and challenged them to use it in whatever ways they felt called to show compassion and the love of Christ to others. Sunday, the members shared the many ways they had encountered Christ through these acts of kindness.

It is always a powerful reminder to us that when we GIVE, we come to know HIM better.



No comments: