Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hi, Again from Nashvegas! :)

Well-- I was finally shamed into returning to the world of blogging by two fellow bloggers! (Thanks, Christy & Phil!)

I have NO idea why I haven't made time to put down my thoughts! SO much has happened and SO much to tell.... It will be a task to catch up!

Our trip to Disney at the end of April went very well! We only spent 2 days at the parks-- didn't try to tackle too much. Luke had a blast. He was adamant about riding the tea cups! One highlight was the Playhouse Disney breakfast we had on Friday. Jo Jo, Goliath, and the Little Einsteins were there. We had been talking about the breakfast for weeks, so Luke was SO excited about it. Caroline seemed to enjoy the characters even more than Luke! She loved it!









We let the kids go back to the cabin (Fort Wilderness) and sleep several hours in the afternoon, then we would stay out late-- 11 or 12 each night! They did so well! Luke was thrilled to sleep on the top bunk!

My parents went with us and were a big help. It was a great trip!

After that, we headed to Pepperdine! I was dreading the 4 1/2 hour plane ride. We finally broke down and bought a portable DVD player for them to use. They did well. The trip was great, except that Caroline didn't sleep too well. I debated about bringing the pack n' play-- didn't-- big mistake! We had a mattress on the floor for her. She'd roll around, wake up, and then head for the door! She kept me up for the better part of one night-- my mom took her the next night so I could sleep! The two-hour time shift paired with that makes it hard on the kiddos-- but, they really did well.

So-- we're off the road for awhile. I will head back to Orlando in June for a ZOE conference. Scott and I also have our 12th anniversary on June 10th, so I'm not sure what we'll do for that yet....

Today is Luke's last day of school-- Summer's here! Time just keeps flying! He and Caroline are such fun! Caroline is really in the last days of the "baby phase"-- kinda sad that she's turning into such a big girl! It is hard for me to see her as anything but a baby-- she's still small and she really isn't talking yet beyond "Ma Ma" and "Bye". She babbles a lot, so I know it won't be long before she's chatting away. Did I already mention how time is flying by?!?!

Scott and I have been attending a Tuesday night lecture on the gospel of Matthew by Dr. Amy Jill Levine, Professor of New Testament Studies at Vanderbilt University Divinity School. It has been an amazing study. I continue to be amazed at her insights!

I have several items on my "to do" list. I just ordered new office furniture, so the office must be emptied, repainted, and reorganized! Fun! I also need to start work on a website I'm doing for the Otter Creek School. Plus, it won't be long before the consignment sale is here again! And, I'm also helping to get a new ministry off the ground at church for couples with young families!! Must do a website for that, too! It's always something! But, I love it!

Life is good-- my husband and kids are SUCH a blessing! I'll try to do better on posting! :)

2 comments:

Phil said...

I thought I remembered that you blogged. ;-)

Glad you're back at it.

Christy said...

Always glad to help