The Westermans 2006
I just went back to my November archive from last year.... It has been on my mind so often lately that just one year ago we were in such a different place. I had just learned we were having a girl, that I needed surgery, and that I was going to be on bed rest. Every day was a small victory in getting Caroline into the world-- now the stress and worry seem like a distant memory.Of course, we will never forgot those times and the lessons learned, but on this Thanksgiving, we will be especially grateful that God led us through those tough times and delivered our precious little ones-- both Luke and Caroline-- to us in His timing and in His way.
We went out to eat tonight since I decided not to stock the kitchen this week since we would be gone. As we were leaving the hostess commented, "You have a blessed family." Yes, she's right-- we are blessed. Luke and Caroline are each miracles and true blessings.
The things I was thankful for last year are amazingly similar this year:
We give thanks for
- our little girl, who is still doing well and has made it to 24 weeks
- our incredible Luke, who is the most perfect son any parent could ask for-- he is such a joy to us-- so smart and sweet
- our marriage-- through the good and the bad, we remain best friends and genuinely appreciate the relationship that we have shared for 13 years
- our wonderful friends and family who lavish us with love and support
- our beautiful home that we are so blessed to have and to enjoy each day
- all the many blessings, big and small that God continues to send
We are glad. Psalm 126:3
Thank you, Lord!
Thank you, Lord!
with the ones you love! God bless!


No comments:
Post a Comment